- “Topics in Comparative Morphology: Compounding in Greek and Romance Languages: a Contrastive Study”. University of Athens Research Committee. 1994- 1996).
- “Topics in Comparative Morphology: Inflectional Features in Greek and Romance Languages: a Contrastive Study”. University of Athens Research Committee (1996- 1997.
- “Greek WORDNET, an Electronic Lexical Semantic Network”. EPET II Program Greek Ministry of Development, General Secretariat of Research and Technology (1999-2001).
- “GRIKO, a Greek Dialect of South Italy: Description and Analysis”. INTERREG II Program. Greek Ministry of Development, General Secretariat of Research and Technology (2000-2001).
- “The Asia-Minor Language of Kydonies (Aivali) and Moschonisia: Description and Analysis”. EPTA Program. Ministry of the Aegean (2002-2004). http://mikrasia.lit.upatras.gr
- “Word-formation in the Asia-Minor Language of Kydonies and Moschonisia”. HERAKLEITOS Program for Ph.D. Studies. Greek Ministry of Education ( 2003- 2006).
- “Comparative Linguistics and Language Variation”. EPEAEK / Graduate Studies Program. Greek Ministry of Education (2004-2008).
- “The Dialect of Eastern Lesbos: Description and Analysis”. PYTHAGORAS II Program. Greek Ministry of Education (2005-2007).
- “Compounding in Language Acquisition”. Hellenic Scholarships Foundation (I.K.Y.) Post-doctoral research for Dr. Marina Tzakosta. Greek Ministry of Education (2005-2006).
- “Documentation and Description of Cappadocian”. Documentation of Endangered Languages Program. Funded by SOAS (PG0033). In cooperation with Mark Janse, Professor at Ghent University (2006-2007).
- “A Cross-dialectal Approach for the Derivation of Greek Words”. Hellenic Scholarships Foundation (I.K.Y.) Post-doctoral research for Dr. Dimitra Melissaropoulou. Greek Ministry of Education (2008-2009).
- “Documentation of the Dialect of Agia Paraskevi (Eastern Lesbos)”. Community of Agia Paraskevi, Lesbos (July-August 2008).
- “From the Dialect of Megara to Old Athenian”. Leventis Foundation. 2009-2010.
- “Preservation of the Linguistic Heritage: The Cretan Dialect in Western Turkey”. In cooperation with Asli Göksel, Professor at Bogazici University. Private Funding (2009-2012).
- “Recording, Studying and Cartographing the Dialectal Variation of Lesbos”. Greek Ministry of Shipping. General Secretariat of the Aegean and Insular Policy (2010-2016). http://lesvos.lmgd.philology.upatras.gr
- “Inflection versus Derivation: The case of the Griko dialect”. ΗERAKLEITOS Program for Ph.D. Studies. Doctoral research for N. Koutsoukos. Greek Ministry of Education (2010-2013).
- “Compounding and Derivation in Griko and Cypriot”. KARATHEODORIS Program for Ph.D. Studies. Doctoral research for M. Andreou. University of Patras, Research Committee (2010-2013).
- “Pontus, Cappadocia, Aivali: In Search of Asia Minor Greek (AMiGre)”. THALIS Program (selected first in Greece, in the field of Humanities). European Union and Greek Ministry of Education (2012-2015). http://amigredb.philology.upatras.gr
- “Morphology in Language Contact Situations: Greek in contact with Turkish and Italian (MORILAN)”. ARISTEIA Program (selected second in Greece, in the field of Humanities). Greek Ministry of Education (2012-2015). http://morilan.upatras.gr
- “Immigration and Language in Canada. Greeks and Greek-Canadians”. Niarchos Foundation (2016-2018). In collaboration with the Canadian Universities McGill York and Simon Fraser. https://immigrec.com
- “Inflection and Inflectional Classes”. Greek State Scholarships Foundation. Doctoral research for M. Marinis. Greek Ministry of Education (2017-2019).
- “Teaching Material for Modern Greek as a Second Language”. LINGUA Program (1994-1995). Coordinator: Prof. Sophia Papaefthymiou-Lytra, University of Athens.
- “Modularity in Grammar”. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (1995-1998). Coordinator: Prof. Anne-Marie Di Sciullo, UQAM.
- “Asymmetries in Natural Languages” Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (1998 - 2003). Coordinator: Prof. Anne-Marie Di Sciullo, UQAM.
- “Mental Lexicon” Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (1997 - 1999). Coordinator: Prof. Gonia Jarema, Université de Montréal.
- “The Linguistic Expression of Young Pupils in Patras Schools” (2001-2003). University of Patras: Karatheodoris Program. Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Argyris Archakis, University of Patras.
- “Genetic and Linguistic Factors Affecting Children with Late Linguistic Development”. Cyprus Genetics Research Institute (2001-2004). Coordinator: Dr Kakia Peteinou, Cyprus Research Institute.
- “Words in the Mind, Words in the Brain”. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2002-2006). Coordinator: Prof. Gary Libben, University of Alberta (now Brock University).
- “Asymmetries at Interfaces”. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2003-2008). Coordinator: Prof. Anne-Marie Di Sciullo, UQAM.
- “Development of Education Material for Young Non-Greek Speaking Children” (2002-2005). Education of Muslim Children. Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Spyros Moschonas, University of Athens.
- “POLYTIMO (A computational treatment of the written expression of old manuscripts)”. (2006-2008). Information Society Program. Coordinator: BSI International Administration Systems.
- “A Concise Grammar of Modern Balkan Languages”. Flemish Academic Centre for Science and the Arts. Coordinator: Prof. Liliane Tasmowski, Flemish Royal Academy, Brussels (2008-2009).
- “NetWordS, Network for the Word Structure” (2011-1014). European Science Foundation. Coordinator: Dr Vito Pirrelli, Centro Nazionale di Ricerca. Pisa.
- “GRECO: “Retaining Greek in Enclaved Communities (GRECO): Greek speakin Turkish Cypriots in Cyprus and Turkish Cretans of Cunda island in Turkey”. A.G. Leventis foundation (2014–2016). Coordinator: Ass. Prof. Elena Ioannidou, University of Cyprus.
- “Fading Voices in Southern Italy: Investigating Language Contact in Magna Graecia” (2015-2018). Leverhulme foundation. Coordinator: Prof. Adam Ledgeway, Cambridge.
- “Words in the World” (2016-2020). Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Coordinator: Prof. Gary Libben, Brock University.
- “Areal Morphology” (2017- ). University of Zurich Research Program. Coordinator: Prof. Michele Loporcaro, University of Zurich.
- ‘Digitizing the Cappadocian dialectal landscape’ (2018-2020). Post-graduate research of Dr. Dimitra Melissaropoulou (2018-2020). Greek Ministry of Education
Angela Ralli is interested in morphology, dialectal morphology, the mental lexicon, computational morphology, typology, and the interaction of morphology with syntax and phonology.
She directs the Center of Modern Greek Dialects is a permanent co-organizer of the conferences Mediterranean Morphology Meeting (MMM) and International Conference of Modern Greek Dialects and Linguistic Theory (MGDLT), and is a permanent member of the European Network for Linguistic Morphology (ENLM). She is also a member of scientific committees of international conferences and journals.
Angela Ralli has been repeatedly invited by foreign universities and institutes (Ohio-State University, McGill, Concordia, UQAM, University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, Tokyo (Gakushuin), Cambridge, Amsterdam, Tilburg, Meertens Institute, Geneva, Trondheim, Kosice, Bologna, Torino, Trieste, L'Aquila, Catania, Potenza).
She was a guest speaker at many conferences, and is editor of the journal Patras Working Papers in Linguistics.